Tom Thomson, principal of TTC, has more than 40 years of experience in planning, management and engineering. He has directed programs and projects in roadway planning, public transportation, marketing, policy, engineering, and community consensus building.
- Executive director of the Chatham County–Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission (MPC) and concurrently executive director of the Coastal Region Metropolitan Planning Organization (CORE MPO)–Savannah
- Director of the transportation planning division of the Hillsborough County Planning & Growth Management Department in Tampa
- Assistant director of the Hillsborough County City-County Planning Commission as well as the executive director of the Hillsborough County MPO in Tampa
- Director and other senior-level positions at the Florida Department of Transportation in both Miami and Tampa
- Planner and engineering positions for the City of Milwaukee and Milwaukee County
- Florida office manager of Michael Baker Engineering's Tampa and Orlando offices
- Statewide planning practice manager for HDR Engineering's Tampa office
Tom graduated from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with both a bachelor's and master's degree in civil engineering with an emphasis on transportation planning.